This recipe for peppered bread is a simple one that results in a flavorful, crusty loaf. It is perfect for dipping in soup or eating with a hearty stew. The key to this bread is the combination of spices, which give it a unique flavor that will have your family and friends asking for more.
Peppered bread is a classic British bread that is made from a dough that is flavored with pepper. The bread is usually served with butter or other toppings.
- 1 cup (250 ml) warm water
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) honey
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups (500 ml) bread flour
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
1. In a large bowl, combine the warm water, yeast, honey, and salt. Stir until the yeast is dissolved.
2. Add the olive oil and parsley, and stir until the ingredients are well combined.
3. Add the rosemary, thyme, and black pepper, and stir until the ingredients are well combined.
4. Add the bread flour and salt, and stir until the ingredients are well combined.
5. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and knead for 10 minutes.
6. Place the dough in a greased bowl, and let it rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
8. Cut the dough into 12 pieces, and shape them into balls.
9. Place the balls on a greased baking sheet, and let them rise in a warm place for 10 minutes.
10. Bake the bread for 20 minutes, or until it is golden brown.
11. Let the bread cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before serving.
If you are looking for a delicious and classic British bread, peppered bread is the recipe for you. This bread is easy to make and will be sure to please your taste buds. By using a few simple ingredients, you can create a flavorful and delicious loaf of bread.