If you’re looking for a new appetizer to bring to your next party or party, look no further than mini blooming onion. This dish is very easy to make and is sure to captivate diners. Plus, it’s a great way to show off your culinary skills! Continue reading the recipe I shared below for step-by-step instructions on how to make this delicious dish.
How To Make Mini Blooming Onion
A delicious and easy-to-make appetizer that is sure to be a hit at your next party or gathering.
- 1 onion
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- vegetable oil for frying
1. Peel and slice the onion in half. Cut each half into thin slices, about 1/4-inch thick.
2. In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt and pepper.
3. In another shallow dish, whisk together egg and milk.
4. Dip onion slices into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and then back into the flour mixture.
5. Pour oil into a large skillet or Dutch oven and heat over medium-high heat.
6. Working in batches, add onion slices to the hot oil and fry until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes per side.
7. Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
8. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Recipe Notes And Helpful Tips
Use a sharp knife to slice the onion thinly and evenly. This will help ensure that the onion slices cook evenly.
You can use any type of onion for this recipe, but I prefer to use a sweet onion such as Vidalia or Walla Walla.
To keep the fried onions from sticking together, be sure to separate them with a fork as soon as they come out of the oil.
Serve these delicious fried onions with your favorite dipping sauce. I like to serve them with ketchup, ranch dressing or BBQ sauce.
You can also garnish the onions with chopped fresh parsley or chives before serving, if desired.
Condoteleastinphatlinh.com hope you enjoyed this recipe for mini blooming onion. This is a dish that is sure to impress your guests and have them coming back for more. If you’re looking for other appetizer recipes, be sure to check out my blog for more great ideas. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!