If you are a lover of Indian food, you will love the lamb makhani. This dish is made with lamb shoulder, butter and cream sauce. It’s the perfect meal for a cold winter night. I have made this dish many times and received countless compliments for this dish, please refer to the recipe below to be able to make a delicious dish for family and friends.
How to make lamb makhani
Makhani is a popular dish from India that is made from lamb and spices. It is a rich and creamy dish that is perfect for a special occasion. The recipe for lamb makhani is easy to follow and will result in a perfect dish every time.
- 1 pound lamb, cut into small cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon ghee or clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- Sauteed green peas
- Cilantro leaves
1. In a large saucepan, over medium heat, cook the lamb, onion, ginger, cumin seeds, cardamom pods, cloves, and cinnamon stick in chicken stock until the lamb is cooked through.
2. Add the yogurt, ghee, garam masala, and salt, and stir well to combine.
3. Add the flour, and stir well to combine. Cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
4. Add the milk, and stir well to combine. Bring the sauce to a boil, and cook for a few minutes until thickened.
5. Serve the lamb makhani over sauteed green peas and cilantro leaves.
If you don’t have yogurt, you can replace them with cheese or whipped cream
Lamb Makhani (Sheep Butter Curry) is a delicious and aromatic dish. The flavors were complex and the lamb was cooked to perfection. The dish is creamy and flavorful. It is a popular dish in India and can be enjoyed as a main course or a side dish. Condoteleastinphatlinh.com hopes that you will love the recipe shared in this article.