Looking for a delicious and unique dish to add to your next potluck or party? Look no further than coteghino! This Italian-American specialty is made with sausage, peppers, and onions, and is sure to be a hit with all of your guests. Plus, it’s easy to make.
How To Make Coteghino At Home
Cotechino is a traditional Italian sausage typically served during the holidays. It is made with ground pork, white wine, milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and parsley. It can be served sliced and grilled, or baked in a casserole dish. Enjoy this delicious sausage at your next holiday gathering!
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- In a large bowl, combine the pork, wine, milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg, parsley, garlic, bread crumbs, egg, and Parmesan. Mix well with your hands.
- Form the mixture into a large log. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Unwrap the cotechino and place it in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 1 hour, or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with parsley and serve.
This recipe is a great way to use up leftover lentils, and it’s perfect for a cozy winter meal. If you are looking for something hearty and satisfying, try the lentil cotechino recipe shared by Condoteleastinphatlinh.com in this article.