If you’re looking for a delicious and unique breakfast or brunch dish, chilaquiles guatemaltecos is the perfect option! This dish is made with crispy tortilla strips, eggs, and a variety of traditional Guatemalan spices. It’s sure to tantalize your taste buds and leave you wanting more.
How To Make Chilaquiles Guatemaltecos
Guatemalan chilaquiles are a delicious way to start your day, and they are also perfect for any time of day.
- 1 pound chilaquiles tortilla strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper and bring to a simmer.
4. Place the chilaquiles tortilla strips in the skillet and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes.
5. Remove the chilaquiles from the skillet and place on a baking sheet.
6. Top with the cheese and sour cream and bake until the cheese is melted and the tortilla strips are warm, about 10 minutes.
7. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
If you want a little extra spice, you can add some jalapeño peppers to the dish.
Guatemalan chilaquiles are best served fresh, but they will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days. Reheat in the oven or in a skillet on the stove before serving.
This is a great recipe for anyone looking for a delicious and hearty breakfast or brunch option. The chilaquiles are full of flavor, plus the cheese and sour cream make them irresistible. Condoteleastinphatlinh.com hopes you will love the recipe shared in this article.